Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The view from my kitchen window


This picture was taken in the fall, before the snow...
I have decided to let go. There is snow on the ground, the wind is freeeeezing, and it is not going to rise above the freezing mark for some days. When Spring comes, Spring comes. My spinach will have to wait. On Sunday I made butter out of cream, and then made bread out of the buttermilk. This is going to become a habit, I believe, as there is no comparison to the taste of fresh butter. 2 ingredients, cream and salt. Yum! Today there are pears and wine in the crockpot that will be the pear butter of delight by 8pm. Comice pears, sooooo good.

My hooray of the week- I have signed up for the master composter's class! I get to learn how to do all sorts of composty things, and then teach these things to other people! Hooray! <- See, there is the hooray. :) I love my lunch. I know that is random, as most things are with me, but I really love it when I have homemade bread and jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment