Monday, February 23, 2009

A swap, a spinach, and a sweet

My big goal for the week is to get spinach started in a bin with a cold frame on top. There is still snow and ice here, and still below freezing at night, the truth is I just can't wait any more. In a sunny spot, with a window on top to warm everything up, I hope to have fresh greens shortly. Yipee! I would also like to get a salad bin going, but we will see.
As for the swap, it is through my favorite blog in all of the land, http://down---to---earth.blogspot.com/. I am inspired by her gentle view on life and the home. I am not sure if I could ever reach her level of calm, even if I was able to stay home and not work outside the home, but I like to think I would come close after a while. I am making tea towels and potholders. Hopefully my swap partner is forgiving of my inability to sew directly straight seams.
The sweet is a friendship bread starter that I got last week and baked up on Sunday. My friend came over and we did up our bread at the same time. Very much friendship bread! I added a tablespoon or so extra cinnamon and some chocolate chips. Lovely! And now I have starter to share.
As far as life in general goes, I think I have the health things pegged down so I should be able to get stuff done finally. I am getting to know the bus drivers on the routes I take now, and one of them noticed I was gone last week. That was nice. Going to work this morning, not so nice. It was hard to get rolling at 5:30. Harder to get Miss Sunshine rolling at that time. It would be nice if at some point one of us could stay home. Not likely though at this point or any time in the foreseeable future. Luckily by simplifying we may, someday, reach that goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment