Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Long weekend, not enough done


Happy Tuesday. I have quite the cold. Flehhhhhh. Therefore, not much got done this weekend. We finally did get the freezer in, and my friend and I did up burritos which you can see ->. We both filled our crockpots with chicken, she had her rice cooker going, and I made up 4 pounds of refried beans. Some cheese, some salsa, and easy food for busy days. I had an extra little, but it was no extra work as all of them played together quite nicely. As I was sick, there was no soap made, but we will probably do it week after next. By then my first batch will be ready to use! Hooray! I am ordering some seeds this week, that is very exciting. Ohhhh, and my laundry soap that I made from borax, washing soda and pure soap works like a charm!! Mr. Husband said that all of this self-sufficiency is... sexy! Can you believe it? With my grumpy self, stuffy head, hair a mess, dogs woofing, children playing, and me trying to get one more casserole in the freezer and he said that! And that is why I love him, he surprises me. One of the whys at least. This week I really don't have any goals besides getting well and getting used to the new medications. Hopefully I am more myself in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment