Friday, January 30, 2009

Soap!

See how I am, I forgot to post about my soap! My lovely happy oatmeal soap!
Beautiful soup, so rich and cream, waiting to harden in a soap tureen! Who for such dainties would not cope? I have to wait 6 weeks for my soap!!!!
Ok, sorry, my apologies to Lewis Carroll and whomever might read this, I am just very excited. Who knew doing for one's self would be so empowering??? It is unfortunate that my camera is not working any more, or I would take pictures. A little oil, a little lye, a little oatmeal, and some time. Honestly I wonder how I let the marketing machine convince me that I was incapable and needed to buy buy buy to be a decent person. So hooray for the internet, hooray for bloggers who are teaching me so very much, and hooray for moving more toward a real life.
Furthermore, I am working on planning my garden. As much of the ground I am going to be working with is totally unprepared, I will be doing my romas and my cukes in upside down planters. That way I won't overwhelm myself (hopefully) and will grow my own pickles!!! Luckily I have been composting and the one (maybe a second a bit later in the season) raised beds I will have will give me some veggies to be proud of. I do know gardening is a learning curve, and I am prepared for a harvest of 3 beans, 1 pea and a sad cuke, but hopefully will do better than that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment