Friday, January 23, 2009

Plans and Accomplishments


Tonight I will be making soap so wish me luck! I got the recipe that I am using from http://down---to---earth.blogspot.com/ the blog that has really inspired me to get moving. Good news, last night I was able to clean off some pizza pans that were really nasty with... baking soda!!!! Not one fishy was harmed in the cleaning of my dishes. :) We have been using Seventh Generation (and will continue to do so until my soap cures) but the pans just were not coming clean. Yay for not resorting to chemicals. Other joys for the last few days~ I have made my own fabric softener with vinegar and orange oil for the lovely fragrance~ I finished the booties that I have been working on for my niece (see photo), and have decided how and where to do my first garden grid as soon as the ground thaws a bit (April-ish). The best though, I was really hungry and was out and about and instead of fast food, I went home!! I also found an instructable on a doggie veranda with herbs that grow on the roof. I am going to try to get that done sooner rather than later as it will be harder to do when there is more to do. Did that make any sense??? This weekend my goal is to get 4 aprons done. Wish me luck and see you Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for aprons! And vinegar? Wha?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is a natural fabric softener. With a couple of balls of foil to cut the static. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wait - I must learn more! Tyler loves the booties, by the way, as I do!

    ReplyDelete