Thursday, April 2, 2009

Isolation

I have to start off here with my grace in small things because otherwise I may not get to it~
sleepywarm hugs that are given when the child is just waking up, hair all tangled with dreams and eyes still closed. *happy sigh* Warning- Ramble ahead...
I have been spending alot of time lately thinking about how isolated I am (we are) as an individual and a country. I am isolated from my work, I don't actually "DO" anything. I sit in front of a computer and talk. I never see any results, I am just a disembodied voice on the phone. I sit in a cube farm and "work" but never move from my chair. How many people find themselves drained and exhausted from this type of living? I feel like I am infected with blight. Deeeeeply discontent. And how anonymously we live! I am lucky to live in a duplex with neighbors I love with all of my heart, but how depressing to not have block parties and chats over fences? How depressing that most people I know do not even know the names of those that share the fenceline? I understand so many people lived out in the middle of nowhere while homesteading with the closest people being miles away, but even then if a barn needed raising or something of that nature people pulled together. Nothing makes sense to me anymore.

2 comments:

  1. We just need to build our own neighborhood & have all our friends live there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. That works for me. Am I the only person that feels this way though? Like, meaninless, meaningless, bleh fleh bleh?

    ReplyDelete