Friday, April 3, 2009

Isolation Continued

Today I will end with a grace so if I am too depressing I will cheer you (myself) up.
So now that we all live sprawled out from our community we feel isolated and alone, so we buy stuff to make us feel better, that we have to work more at jobs we hate to buy more stuff. Does that make sense? No? I have the most amazing friends. Seriously. But the way this society is set up is to attach to things, not people. Such disconnect between work and results, such disconnect between the stuff we have and the people who make that stuff. Soooooo here is what I am going to do- try to as much as the budget allows- buy local, buy handmade- buy non-plastic, non-advertised, non-fleh items. That will mean that I buy less, but more important stuff. I am joining a CSA for the summer season. I am going to make more of an effort to see my friends. And trudge less! I find myself sleepwalking through life alot, not aware of what is going on around me. There is beauty all over the place if I would just look around and see it. I think my lack of motivation is directly tied to my lack of connection to the world around me. (see, Diane, I am working it out...) Maybe if I am more awake, I will care more. Or something.

For today's grace- Mail! I love getting mail. In the mailbox. :)

1 comment: